Thursday, January 19, 2012

On The Road To Recovery by Abby

I'm getting better, so happy daddy and mommy came to visit me!

 I am more alert today so wanted to thank all of you kind people who are praying for me. I know Karen already wrote all about my being attacked but if you want to read the gory details, go see the post right before this one called Our Sweet Dog, Abby is Fighting for her Life. It was very scary and I don't know why those two big dogs didn't like me. I wasn't even by their house!

Karen told me there are lots of people praying for me and that God will help me get better. I ate today for the first time but it wasn't food I am used to. It was some soft brown mushy stuff but I didn't have to chew it. My humans will be bringing me supper tonight with my normal food.

I have pain patches which give me relief all through the day. I was so excited to see my mom and dad this morning that as soon as the gate to this cage I am in was open, I sat up and started coming out but they told me to stay. The doctor removed that big clunky round thing from my neck so that Karen and Gerard could pet me better. They were allowed to stay and visit me much longer than they did yesterday too. I can't go home with them yet but if I can't be home, Bartels is my favorite place away from home. Lots of people love me here and visit me. Karen and Gerard brought me a couple of their shirts with their scent to comfort me and to let me know they are constantly thinking of me and love me so much. I know they do.

I peed outside today and hopefully will poop soon too. I can't go home until I do but that gives me incentive. I was able to stand up on my own and walk a little bit but won't be able to do stairs for awhile and it will be a long time before I'll be able to enjoy long walks again. I was really hurt bad, but I did walk to the car when Karen came to the scene of the crime. Even though I was in lots of pain, I didn't growl or strike out in any way at the people who were helping me. Karen and Gerard both keep telling me what a good dog I am and how proud they are of me. I love hearing that!

I am sad that Gerard got hurt too trying to protect me. His hand is all wrapped up and hurts him a little bit. It hurt a LOT when that mean dog chomped down on him. It's the hand he uses most too so I don't know if he'll be able to lift me in and out of the house and handle the door and all or not once I get home. Karen didn't have her camera this morning so she'll post an updated picture of me on here later she said.

Thanks again for praying for all of us--it will be a long road to full recovery, but I think I can do it! I'll give it my very best! Hope you never have to experience this--it was definitely NOT a good adventure.

Share this:

21 comments:

A Trucker's Princess said...

Oh, I can't even begin to imagine the pain you feel looking at Abby. I'm on the verge of tears and I don't even know her. The terror she must have felt. I can't wait until you can get her home and give her the love she needs.

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby, I know that you are such a sweet dog and such a fighter! Be strong and you will be home soon! I told the people over at the CatBlogosphere about you and am waiting for them to put up info about you. I know you are not a cat but they have lots of doggies on their blog that they pray for too. My kitty, Buddy, is on there right now and I thought you might be able to use the extra prayers and love. Keep strong!!! Your humans need you home!
Beth Ann :-)

Mike Golch said...

Abby,I am glad that you are doing ok.what those dogs did to you is unexcusable.I know you Mom and dad will be glad to have you home as well.

Lin said...

Oh, dear Abby, I'm so glad you are feeling better! Be sure to eat and poop and do all that required stuff so you can get home to Karen, Gerard and the kitties. I'm sure they all miss you very, very much.

I'm thinking of you all day and sending lots of prayers your way.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Abby, it's very good to hear from you. I'm so sorry you had this trauma. But know that you are loved by everyone and mom and dad will have you home before you know it. We are so happy that you are moving more today. We were so worried about you yesterday. Hugs and neck scritches! (Gentle ones).

BeadedTail said...

Abby, we're glad you are feeling better every day and we hope you get stronger so you can go home soon. You are a very good girl and we all love you very much! Soft snooter kisses to you!

Daisy said...

Abby, you are such a brave and good, good girl. I am relieved that you are feeling a bit better today. I am purring and purring that you will be able to go home soon. Get some good rest, and eat up!

Stephanie said...

Praying! I am so glad to hear that you were so brave and such a good girl. I hope that you heal up soon and can go home!

Abby (the dog) said...

I had a very nice long visit with my mom and dad tonight. Bartels moved me to a much bigger cage so that my mom and dad could be in it with me and they both laid with me and pet me up real nice. I even wagged my tail when they first came. I barked for the first time since my ordeal with the mean dogs.

Unknown said...

Dear Abby,
I was so sorry to hear of the horrid attack on you. It sounds as if the worst is over and that you are on the road to recovery. I am hoping there won't be any lasting affects for you and that the love of Karen and Gerard will help you get your confidence back soon. Blessings to you and your family,
Rosemary

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

oh my Abby...I am so deeply sorry to learn of this. I am praying with all of my heart that you are on the road to recovery...I cannot even begin to imagine something so horrific. Sending you love and prayers

ShannonW said...

Prayers from me and my furbabies will continue your way! Get well soon precious!

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing, Abby. You are loved by many, and prayers are being said. Be strong!

Sparkle said...

I just saw about the attack right now at Beaded Tail's blog and I feel so awful! It sounds like Abby is healing well after this terrible thing and my human and I are both purring very, very hard for her, and for Gerard's hand to heal quickly too.

Whisppy said...

We came over as soon as we read about you on Beaded Tail's blog. Then we read how Abby and Daddy were attacked by those rottweilers!
We're going to send lots of prayers and purrs and woofs that Abby continues to recover physically and mentally from the horrific attack.
We're sorry for the rottweilers too. Why didn't their parents keep them leashed? :(

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

OMC !
I´m so glad you and your dad survived the evil dog attack !
I hope you will recover real fast !
I found my way here from Sadie at Beaded Tails :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Sadie sent me -

I'll khross my paws fur a full rekhovery on all fronts (and tails) -

The Rottis 'humans' must not be too kharing to have pawmitted that - Mom knows from her transports that Rottis are furry special -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sheryl Hastings said...

I just followed a link by Sharla (beaded tail) and I'm so sorry this has happened to all of you! Those dogs should have never been able to get loose. And why were they so aggressive?

Unfortunately I see this all the time. I work for one of the busiest vets in NW Indiana. But I can tell you that I have seen wonderful and full recoveries after something like this!

I will keep you in my prayers and I'm going to subscribe by email so i can keep up with your story.

Sending my get well wishes your way!

The Army of Four said...

We've never met, but we heard about you needing some prayers over on Sadie, Isabella and Angel's blog. This is SO very scary! Please know that we are praying for you, Abby, and for your dad! (Your mom, too!) May God's healing grace be upon you -
Play bows,
Zim

The Island Cats said...

OMC! We just read about Abby and her dad being attacked! How horrible! Shame on those dogs and their humans!! We are purring for Abby and hope she recovers quickly.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Abby, we heard about you from our good pal Sadie.We are so sorry about your attack and we all have our paws crossed you and your Dad will heal well and quickly.

Hugs and Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Post a Comment